Johannes Wallmann will teach the session Wednesday, July 24th 4-6:30pm
SUMMER WEDNESDAY FORMAT
WORKSHOP 4:00 – 6:00pm
What to expect in each session: (located upstairs room at Common Ground Middleton) Bring your voice and/or instrument. If you play keys or drums there is one keyboard and a drum set to borrow from on the main level but might want to bring a small keyboard or melodica, hand drum or snare and cymbal.)
- Warm-ups: a variety of long tones, scales, arpeggios, call & response, maybe listen to a featured recording, discussion and ear training with instruments and/or voice
- Learning the melody and harmony of selected tune
- “hands on” playing/learning to improvise in the jazz experience
- learning from “well-seasoned” professional jazz musicians and educators
5:45 – 6PM Transition to main level – place dinner orders
6-6:30PM Showcase performance of featured song ~(10-15 song with all participants soloing) and then showcase students that want to perform solos, duos, and trio pieces, while everyone enjoys CG Dinner together with jazz friends (hang out with your friends and eat a dinner provided by Common Ground, included in the session fee)
6:30-9PM SHOWCASE & JAM– FREE & open to all in Main room at Common Ground (There is no charge for the jam– open to all and no need to register ahead of time, come for 30 minutes or the whole session, bring the whole family or come alone—we need an audience to buy food and drink to make this a successful event)
Summer Group Jazz Improvisation Lessons
- Located at the upper room at Common Ground Middleton
- $25 fee for the Group Jazz Lesson & Dinner with Jazz friends.
- Price includes instruction & dinner.
This will be a safe and fun atmosphere to learn more about jazz and improvising. If $25 fee is more than you can afford, PLEASE ask for sliding scale price and/or full scholarship. (text: laurie at 608-332-1408) Pay in advance (before July 24) and get a discount: pay here