ON Friday! May 28th from 6-8pm – the theme will be:
Single Line Groove and Song Building
So these are the “rules” for this “game” of Improv Workshop:
- We will begin by creating “songs” from scratch.
- Each player will only play a single line. (so pianists and guitarists who normally might comp and have the ability to play harmony will limit themselves to one note at a time like voice, horns or winds)
- Person #1 starts by laying down a foundational line approximately 4- 8 bars long
- Person #2 adds something to support/compliment that line
- Person #3 can add something to support or compliment person #1 or create a counter line
- Depending on how many people you have there could be more added in here
- The person added in gets to solo over the top of the song/groove
- When everyone is tired of that song…we start over!
This song building can be lots of fun! So come ready to create, listen, compliment and work together.
More questions contact Laurie.
in the coming weeks:
June 11th Friday, 6-8pm – Space – Minimalistic approach
June 25th Friday, 6-8pm – Original Music only!